Find out more about CareShield Life below.
What is CareShield Life?
CareShield Life is a long-term care insurance scheme for Singaporeans who become severely disabled, especially in their older years. The scheme provides basic financial support for Singaporeans who require medical care for a significant duration (i.e. long-term care).
Severe disability may be a result of a disabling event (e.g. stroke or spinal cord injury), worsening of chronic illnesses (e.g. cancer), or the deterioration of age-related illnesses (e.g. dementia).
1. Lifetime coverage
You will be covered for life after completing your premium payments the year you turn age 67 or 10 years after you join the scheme, whichever is later.
2. Lifetime cash payouts
- For as long as you are severely disabled, you will receive monthly payouts.
- Cash payouts enable you and your caregiver to make the best care arrangements for yourself (e.g. home care or nursing home care).
3. Monthly payouts will increase over time
- Your monthly payouts will increase yearly until age 67 or when you’ve made a successful claim, whichever is earlier.
- Your payouts will increase at 2% annually from 2020 to 2025. From then on, payout increases and premium adjustments will be recommended by an independent CareShield Life Council.
- If you are 67 or older when the scheme is open to you (i.e. born in 1954 or earlier), you will receive a fixed monthly payout of $612 per month.
4. Worldwide coverage
- No matter where you are residing, you will remain covered, make claims, and receive your payouts.
- Singaporeans born in 1980 or later are automatically covered under CareShield Life from 1 October 2020, or when you turn 30, whichever is later. A letter will be sent to you about 2 months before your 30th birthday, and your personalised CareShield Life premiums will be made available closer to your 30th birthday here.
- Singaporeans born in 1979 or earlier:
- Participation is optional*.
- You will be automatically enrolled into CareShield Life from 1 December 2021 if you are born between 1970 and 1979, insured under ElderShield 400, and not severely disabled. You will receive a CareShield Life welcome package, which will contain more information on your CareShield Life coverage and personalised premiums. You may choose to opt out by 31 Dec 2021 if you do not wish to remain on CareShield Life.
- If you are not automatically enrolled and would like to join CareShield Life, you may access the Application to join CareShield Life e-Service with your Singpass.
- You can check your personalised CareShield Life premiums here using your Singpass.
*Except foreigners who become Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents from 1st Oct 2020 onwards and are born in 1979 or earlier. Participation is mandatory as long as they are not severely disabled.
How to use your CareShield Life payouts
Illustration source: CareShield Life
Let’s assume you are caring for Carl, a 67-year-old who has suffered from severe disability due to a stroke last year. Due to his condition, he requires personal stroke care and rehabilitation for the next few years and will need to have someone at home to care for him as he’s unable to carry out certain Activities of Daily Living such as showering, toileting, and feeding.
With the monthly payout of $1200 that Carl is receiving, this can be used to defray the cost of Home Care and Home Nursing services at Homage.
For example, the $1200 can be used to offset our 40-hour care relief package which is priced at $860. This means that you can get a reliable and dedicated caregiver to look after Carl for 40 hours a month with an additional $360 to spare that can be used for other ad hoc services such as any nursing procedures as required.
Homage offers a wide range of caregiving solutions, including elderly care, post-surgery care, respite care, and end-of-life care, such that your loved ones can get access to the care they need in the comfort of their homes.
You may use your CareShield Life payouts to book professional home care services with Homage. Here’s a list of home care services offered by Homage that you may consider:
Homage services applicable for subsidies
Homage is an official government provider for Interim Caregiver Services in Singapore. You may use MediSave for the following Homage services, under the Home Caregiving Grant scheme:
Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as eating, bathing, getting dressed, toileting, transferring and continence.
Our home nursing services range from private nursing, IV drip, wound dressing, NGT feeding, urine bag drainage and more.
To support your rehabilitation and recovery efforts through personalised exercise and therapy treatment sessions.
Maximise your ElderShield payouts by purchasing Homage’s prepaid packages at a discounted rate. With a monthly payout of $400, you may purchase the following services:
- 10-Hour Prepaid Home Care Package ($220)
- 10-Hour Prepaid Nursing Care Package ($270)
- Home Therapy Session ($180/hour)
- Speech Therapy Session ($200/hour)
- In-Person Care Assessment ($60/session)
How to apply
If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident born in 1979 or earlier, are not severely disabled, and are not auto-enrolled into CareShield Life, log in with your Singpass with this e-Service to join the scheme.
More useful resources on CareShield Life
CareShield Life: All You Need To Know
Best CareShield Life Supplements in Singapore: NTUC vs Singlife Aviva vs Great Eastern
Speak to a Care Advisor
Call us at 6100 0055 or request a callback from our friendly Care Advisory team. Learn more about our range of services and find out how Homage Care Professionals can help.
Make a Care Plan together
We will work with you to develop a personalised Care Plan based on your loved one’s health status, care requirements, and additional preferences.
Your personalised care begins
Together we will match you and your loved ones with an exceptional Care Professional. Stay up to date after every appointment with detailed reports on the Homage app.
For tele-consultations, download the Homage app and get connected to a doctor right away.
In partnership with
What our customers sayView all reviews
My mum’s helper was hospitalised suddenly and I needed urgent help to take care of my mum who has advanced dementia. Homage was able able to find caregivers for my mum within a very short notice. The caregivers possessed the skill sets that I had requested and were of great help to me in my time of need. Thank you Homage!
Homage CP render their professional service to my dad who is a dialysis patient. CP assigned to wheel my dad to & fro from Dialysis Center within 300m walking distance. They are capable to load & unload my dad from wheelchair independently. They are friendly too. I'm looking forward to their next visit.
Had a good experience with Homage's teleconsultation. The doctor is qualified, friendly and guided me on examination. She also explained my symptoms to me in detail, which is useful. The report provided has detailed information, and medicine was delivered to me on the same day even though my appointment was in the evening.
Response from Homage is fast. And the physiotherapist assigned is professional in assessing and guiding my mom in her session.
Make Home Care Personal To Your Loved One
Get started with a free consultation today, and learn why thousands of Singaporeans trust Homage to deliver the best care in their homes.Get a Free Care Consult