Lifestyle choices at every stage of your life can help to slow and prevent dementia.
Here are some lifestyle changes that you and your loved ones can make!
- Take obesity, high blood pressure and hypertension seriously. Monitor your vitals and keep them under control.
- A low-fat, high fibre diet and regular exercise can help. Make fruits and vegetables your best friends.
- Manage and control diabetes to keep your brain healthy.
- Stop smoking, or better yet, don’t start at all!
- In your later years, keep physically and mentally active. Exercise and socialising are both important. Next time you decide to be a couch potato, while not take a walk around the neighbourhood.
- Fall-proof your home. Head trauma can increase the risk of Alzheimer’s.