Join us in working on something that matters
Strategy & Planning Manager
Malaysia is rapidly becoming an ageing nation, with new challenges being thrown at the healthcare system every day. When the pandemic hit back in March 2020, demand for geriatric (elderly) care grew dramatically, as the country went into its first lockdown.
Alongside many nursing homes, Homage had to fill the gap that many families found difficult to meet.
The pandemic brought our healthcare system to its knees and left many big questions unanswered—does the ageing population have the financial resources needed to maintain a decent standard of living? Are they emotionally stable enough to overcome anxiety and feelings of neglect, loneliness, and rejection?
Now, with our recent success in securing US$30 million (RM 125 million) Series C financing round led by Sheares Healthcare Group, a wholly-owned healthcare enterprise of global investment firm Temasek, there is a huge vote of confidence for the Malaysian market given the current landscape.
We will be using the latest financing to further accelerate our regional expansion and continue to scale our platform with the support of strong local and regional partners.
In this journey, we are looking for a Strategy & Growth Manager who is passionate about building a platform that provides the elderly with dignified care that is accessible to every socio-economic group.
Join us in our mission to make aged care accessible to everyone.
Role of Strategy Lead is to spur innovation, drive growth mindset, babysit new businesses and steer the direction — lead change.
Here is what to expect from the role:
- Define and oversee our strategic priorities
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership team to plan and support the execution of their strategic goals
- Define critical metrics that align the organisation on strategic choices
- Communicate the vision to stakeholders and support its translation into operations via various channels (e.g. forums, engagements with senior stakeholders etc.)
- Monitor progress, perform gap analysis and propose strategic adjustments to ensure sustainable progress and growth for the company
- Drive coherence across functions and business units in order to achieve strategic objectives, including operations, product, finance, legal, marketing functions
- Build business cases for pivotal initiatives and strategic bets
- Incubate and pilot new business initiatives and experiments
- Scale and launch products across the country
- Be a sounding board for and support executive communications to senior management and other key stakeholders
- Conduct analyses to derive business and market insights to answer key business questions and provide strategic recommendations
- Coach and motivate junior members of the team
- Min. 5+ years of experience working in fast-growing startups in similar roles, or a management consulting background
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo
- Curious by nature and interested in making an impact
- Comfortable in a semi-structured environment and organisation that changes frequently
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and the technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.