Join us in working on something that matters
Location: Johor Bahru, Johore, Malaysia
The Nurse Manager or Care Specialist is part of the Care Operations and Quality team to plan, organize and direct home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The nurse is responsible for overseeing all clinical, safety and quality aspects of care delivery to the homes of Homage’s seniors from recruiting and supervision of care professionals to delivery of care. This position is part of the Care Operations & Quality team to ensure that the overall customer experience is seamless and of high quality.
WHY JOIN US?
We are building a small team of nursing staff that is empowered and focused on delivering quality care that is centered around the patient. This small team will use the tools designed for nurses by Homage, to provide care effectively and efficiently.
This team will work together in a flat hierarchy. Their rosters are designed around the patient, giving everyone better visibility and better control over their schedules.
Homage hosts regular sharing and learning sessions with other caregivers, nurses, therapists, doctors and professors in the field, where the team not only gets to participate in and also the chance to contribute.
- Support all clinical, safety and quality aspects of care delivery, following the standard protocols as defined by the Care Operations & Quality Team
- Conduct home care assessment and completes an initial assessment of senior and family to determine home care needs and provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es)
- Initiate the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change
- Regularly monitor and re-evaluates patient homecare, nursing needs, and as part of adhoc quality assurance visits
- Be part of the team to support onboarding session of Care Professionals
- Provide caregiving services during exigency situations
- Support training assignments which include competency tests for trainees
- Work as part of the Care Operations team to implement and monitor quality control and compliance procedures of all aspects of caregiving
- Support the Care Operations team in on-call duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 6 years nursing experience in hospital ward setting
- Preferably post basic in geriatric care
- Have experience supervising and leading a team
- Must be a registered nurse with APC for 2022 from LJM
- Must have valid BLS certified for 2022
- Experience in working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to proactively identify areas of operational excellence with the Director, Care Operations & Quality and create solutions
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to converse and write in Bahasa Malaysia, English and bonus if Mandarin (and other local dialects)
- Desire to make a big and positive impact
- Experience in home care preferred but not essential
- Possesses own vehicle for care visits