Join us in working on something that matters
Software Engineer (Frontend)
Open Position: Software Engineer (Frontend)
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who knows & defines
best practices in delivering product features, but also has a good understanding of building a robust platform, and is excited to learn and contribute to the frontend side. Your work will directly impact the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups, EV Growth and SeedPlus.
- Implement pixel perfect user interfaces that match the designs and optimize user experience to deliver frictionless customer journeys.
- Accurately translate user and business needs into functional frontend code.
- Ensure UI components and libraries are reliable, secure, and extensible.
- Build reusable code and common libraries for future use.
- Write testable, scalable and efficient codes with documentations and perform code reviews.
- Debug issues across systems with an eye towards improving maintainability over the long term.
- Proposing any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate with tech lead and product managers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledgeable in TypeScript, ES6/7/8, CSS3, Styled Components, Material UI/Ant Design.
- Experience with design systems, built modular component codebase.
- Strong familiarity with functional and asynchronous programming, closures and types, layouts, specificity, animation, cross browser compatibility, data security and
- Strong sense of empathy, desire to please customers and influence customer direction.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Self-managed, proactive work style.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative and communication skills.
- Able to work independently within a team centric environment.
- You are a Polyglot with experience applying multiple web development languages to live applications.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart – you can be resourceful and creative to find the best solution that gets the job done or you’ve proven yourself at a startup before.
- Agile, quick self learner, highly self-motivated with a strong sense of product ownership and creative problem solver.
- Deeply passionate about software coding/development and building great applications.
- Ability to lead independent research to solve complex technical problems.
- Empathetic and results oriented leader and mentor.
- Good collaborator and team player, comfortable working in a fast moving, culturally diverse and globally distributed team environment.
- Good understanding of frontend - backend multi-tier application architecture and protocols, familiarity with product and software development lifecycle process.