Join us in working on something that matters
HR Manager, Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Are you passionate about solving critical social issues in Japan as one of the founding members in a mission-driven global tech startup? Welcome to Homage. Homage is a Singapore-based tech start-up that operates within the Healthcare Industry, and is expanding the business to Malaysia, Australia, and Japan. We are changing the way people access and receive home-care. Through our technology platform we bridge the gap between care professionals and care recipients, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.
Homage is seeking a proactive and motivated HR Manager (People Operations Manager). We are building a world-class team driven by Homage’s mission to make a dent in long term healthcare and wellness and are looking for a talented manager who can not only engage with our internal team but also with new candidates to share our mission, products and services.
This is a unique opportunity to experience first-hand how a high-growth startup works internally, and be exposed to the moving parts of the organisation across all functions, while enabling all Homagers to work at their best so that we can provide quality services to the people we serve. The ideal candidate is someone who is process-driven, can collaborate with multiple internal teams and stakeholders as well as handle information with discretion, tact and professionalism.
The HR Manager will work closely with the Japan country manager on growth strategies and scale the team to support our next phase of growth, as well as set up best practices and the people structure across the region.
- Work closely with the Japan country manager to build a world-class local people team to support Homage’s mission and growth in Japan
- Help shape our growing team aligned with our vision and what we do
- Facilitate staff onboarding and offboarding, applying feedback, data and insights to improve the process
- Organise events and activities to foster team communication and engagement
- Support benefits administration as well as People Policy revisions and updates
- Drive HR operations including but not limited to payroll processing with external vendor, as well as maintain and ensure compliance of HR regulations
- Drive internal and HR projects as assigned from time to time to improve our processes and ultimately, our Homagers’ experiences
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Fast learner with excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills to meet strict deadlines
- Positive working attitude and a strong team player
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with people
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. You’re a confident and concise communicator.
- Proficient and comfortable with adopting technology and software tools (Microsoft Office, web/mobile applications etc.)
- Passion for social enterprises and causes. You’re driven by Homage’s core mission and motivated by the impact of our services and platform
- Fluent in Japanese and business competency in English
In other words,
- You are highly-motivated and want to create huge impact in a fast-growing start-up
- You are an enthusiastic team player with a proactive attitude
- You are a stickler for excellence and possess a keen eye for detail
- You are highly resourceful when facing challenges of all types